Senior VFX Artist
6 month contractor role, remote.
Do you want to partner with other great developers to make amazing games? Are you a proven collaborator with experience in a VFX Artist role on previous published titles for PC or console? Are you high energy, enthusiastic and self-motivated? If all this sounds like you, read on – Anti-Matter Games may be for you!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will have a passion for VFX, for working with other disciplines to make a difference, a passion for solving difficult problems and a drive for just making the best games possible.
Working with the Art, Design and Tech art disciplines, you will be involved in content creation, help define and assist in developing scalable VFX workflow and work collaboratively, while always trying to push for the next level.
- Create high-quality in-game visual effects that work well with the visual direction of the game
- Have a keen artistic eye and ability to recognise quality and excellence, with a proficiency in using visual language to support player experiences and gameplay
- Demonstrate a strong command of timing, weight, realism, colour, volume, energy, particle aesthetics
- Display strong communication and organisational skills
- Strong understanding of 3D packages (for example Maya, Max or Houdini)
- Provide clear technical documentation regarding VFX production and implementation
- Lead by example, taking ownership for sections of the project’s VFX. This involves both sharing knowledge across the team, but also responsibility for supporting the planning, estimation and prioritisation of tasks
- You will help improve our existing set of shaders and material creation processes for VFX workflows
- Collaborate with the art lead, designers, artists and coders to design and implement VFX
- Ability to work well as a team member and collaborate with other senior artists
- You will help troubleshoot and provide solutions to visual effects related issues
- A professional portfolio
- Good knowledge of content creation packages (Houdini, Maya, Photoshop, EmberGen etc.)
- Development experience with at least one full project cycle as a VFX Artist
- Proficiency in creating pre-rendered simulations for use as particle flipbooks
- Good photoshop editing skills for creating textures for use with particle systems
- Good Experience creating VFX and PFX in Unreal Engine 4/5
- Good Experience with Unreal Engines Materials, Cascade / Niagara and Blueprints
- In depth knowledge of memory and performance impact of VFX from a content creation perspective.
- Experience with UE4/5 or similar engine
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Skills to communicate material to the art and design teams
- A clear understanding of your own desires to grow and areas where you need to
- Excellent artistic ability
- Professional experience with using Houdini in other industries (e.g. films)
- Experience with fluid, soft or rigid body simulations
- Experience with other real-time particle systems
- Understand scripting and coding principles
- Strong positive communicator
- Experience with Quixel suite / Substance suite
- Passion for First Person Shooters
- Well-organised and proactive
- Able to take and interpret direction and criticism as well as constructively critique the work of others
AntiMatter Games is Cornwall’s largest game development studio. We developed Rising Storm, PC Gamer’s ‘Multiplayer Game of the Year’, and the critically acclaimed sequel Rising Storm 2: Vietnam.
For information on how we process your data, our data protection policy for candidates can be found here. https://bae25225-cf6b-435f-b433-5bc37c1bb661.filesusr.com/ugd/249ad1_f265a531218c49e6b089607c9c9da4ff.pdf