6 month contractor role, remote.
AntiMatter Games are looking for a talented candidate to help create cinematics in our latest narrative driven games.
This role is part of the team responsible for creating high quality compelling cinematic sequences, marketing material and video assets for use in game. You’ll be working with members of the ACV (Animation, Cinematics and Video) team as well as other developers in our small and friendly team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working within the animation/cinematics team, develop high quality cinematics for both in-game and promotional material
- Work closely with the narrative team to capture mood, performances and push visual storytelling
- Plan bespoke in-game sequences which drive narrative storytelling using storyboards, shot lists, script breakdowns and previsualiations.
- Work with level designers and the Cinematics Lead to lay out scenes, integrate bespoke animations, animate cameras, set up lighting and add supporting VFX.
- Work closely with cinematic animators and the cinematic lead to plan and develop motion capture shoots
- Excellent animation skills creating camera animations
- A great eye for shot composition and storytelling
- Experience in lighting/ rendering and cinematography
- Ability to block out scenes using pre-visualisation techniques
- Experience with editing software such as Adobe premiere
- Strong knowledge of Unreal Engine and Sequencer
- Excellent written and spoken English
- able to receive and apply critique on your work
- Abilities working to a deadline and managing your own time.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- Previous game or film experience creating sequences
- A passion for game and film
- Experience with Maya and Motionbuilder
- Motion capture experience
- Understand principles of animation
- Photoshop and After Effects Experience
- On set and Post-production experience
- Experience with sound production
- Determined, self motivated
- Passionate about quality
- Experience creating motion graphics
- Formal art training
AntiMatter Games is Cornwall’s largest game development studio. We developed Rising Storm, PC Gamer’s ‘Multiplayer Game of the Year’, and the critically acclaimed sequel Rising Storm 2: Vietnam.
We accept non UK applicants however there are no sponsorship options available for this role
Successful applicants working outside of the UK will be engaged as subcontractors
For information on how we process your data, our data protection policy for candidates can be found here. https://bae25225-cf6b-435f-b433-5bc37c1bb661.filesusr.com/ugd/249ad1_f265a531218c49e6b089607c9c9da4ff.pdf