Antimatter Games is looking for a talented contract Level Designer with previous industry experience to join our team for work on our current projects.
At Antimatter, our workflow is very organic, so you'll be expected to interact heavily with the programming, design and art teams as well as with other Level Designers. We're looking for candidates who wants to be part of a team and make meaningful contributions to how our games look and feel.
- Creating levels from the beginning to end (Whitebox/Blockout through to final set dressing, lighting and bug fixing)
- Creating Design Documents that effectively communicate plans for levels, areas, and gameplay features using a mixture of images and text
- Contributing to the studio's internal dialogues on various design issues, and giving feedback and suggestions to other Level Designers on their work.
- Credit on at least one released 3D game title on PC or Console
- Demonstrable knowledge of level design, pacing and gameplay flow
- Demonstrable knowledge of composition, lighting and set dressing
- Industry experience in Level Design, specific to PC Games or Console
- Playable levels that can be shown as part of Portfolio (Mod, Custom Maps, Released Game)
- Strong team working skills
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with multiplayer action games
- Knowledge of 3ds Max, Maya or equivalent
- Knowledge of other game development skillsets like basic programming, 2D art, etc
Workload estimated as full time for a minimum of 2 months (dependent on delivery speed and rates), then reviewed subject to demand.