Antimatter Games are looking for a talented and experienced UI Artist to join our friendly team in Cornwall. We are looking for someone who is passionate about user interfaces and ready to help support the back backbone of user experience moving forward. The ideal candidate will demonstrate previous experience within this discipline, a keen eye for detail and eager to take point and ownership for pushing the quality bar.
· Responsible for creating game UI compliant with the game design, both technically and aesthetically
· Day-to-day working with the Art, Code and Design to establish and maintain core UI documents, concepts and implementation
· Designing, creating and exporting 2D textures and icons using Illustrator and Photoshop.
· Creating, animating and exporting working interface files for use in game.
· Work with the art teams to ensure consistency between vision and implementation of interface designs
· Contributing and communicating original ideas towards all aspects of the UI design.
· At least a full lifecycle shipped game
· A proven track record of User Interface experience
· Strong experience creating game front-end systems design and functionality.
· The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a core understanding of good graphics, iconography and typography.
· Able to demonstrate comprehensive understanding of good UX and Good UI
· Experience creating UI in an Unreal project is essential.
· You should have a strong background in Graphic Design, with excellent Photoshop and Illustrator skills.
· Knowledge of 3D construction using Maya or Max would be a bonus.
Antimatter Games is Cornwall’s largest game development studio. We developed Rising Storm, PC Gamer’s ‘Multiplayer Game of the Year’, and the critically acclaimed sequel Rising Storm 2: Vietnam.
Working for Antimatter means working on exciting and innovative video games every day! We have a strong company culture, where our employees are encouraged to have an excellent work-life balance. We want to support our team to become the best developers they can be, whatever their department.
UK Employees will receive Private Health Insurance, a BUPA Cash Plan and subscription to PerkBox, which includes hundreds of perks, freebies and discounts on its platform.
Based in waterside offices in Truro, the UK's most Southerly city, AntiMatter Games' offices are within a few minutes walk of Cornwall's shopping, culture and eating hub. Accessible by bus or train, and with private car parking, or for the more adventurous, you could kayak to work! Perfectly positioned to explore the tranquil South Coast or the crashing Atlantic North Coast, we offer an unrivalled life/work experience for those making games in the UK.
On weekends and evenings, our team can be found cycling, surfing, kayaking, swimming, beachcombing, walking, enjoying live music or capturing beautiful sights by camera. On rainy days you might find a friendly game of Dungeons & Dragons or a book to read by the fireplace. Sometimes we also play video games!
There are Hybrid and remote working options for this role.
We accept non UK applicants however unfortunately there are no sponsorship options available for this role
Successful applicants working outside of the UK will be engaged as subcontractors
For information on how we process your data, our data protection policy for candidates can be found here. https://bae25225-cf6b-435f-b433-5bc37c1bb661.filesusr.com/ugd/249ad1_f265a531218c49e6b089607c9c9da4ff.pdf
Your application was submitted successfully.